ZX CDI Fitting instructions for the Kawasaki A1 SAMURAI and A7 AVENGER w/CDI.
1) Disconnect battery and mount the CDI.
2) Identify the left and right ignition coil primary leads, these
terminate in a 3 pin plug.
3) Connect one BLACK wire from the CDI unit to the BLACK/WHITE striped
wire on this connector. (IGNITION COIL COMMON)
4) Connect the ORANGE wire from the CDI to the BLUE ( ignition coil right)
5) Connect the BLUE wire from the CDI to BLACK (ignition coil left)
6) Identify the 2 wires coming up from the 2 signal generator coils in
the alternator cover. Connect the YELLOW wire from the CDI to the WHITE wire
in the 2 pin plug. ( pulse coil left)
8] Connect the PURPLE wire from the CDI to the GREEN wire in the 2 pin
plug (pulse coil right)
9) Connect one CDI BLACK wire from the CDI to a firm ground
10) Connect the BROWN wire from the CDI to the BROWN wire in the
harness. This is the 12 volt ignition feed.
11) Cut short unused wires from the CDI and seal the ends with a dab of
nail varnish. These are BLACK x3, DARK GREEN x1, LIGHT GREEN x
1 GREY x 1
The GREY can be connected to a separate kill switch, the engine will
stop when this wire is grounded.
The bike will now run.
CLICK HERE FOR PICTORIAL WIRING DIAGRAM