ZX CDI Fitting instructions for the SUZUKI GT380
1) Disconnect battery and mount the CDI.
2) Identify the ignition coil primary leads, these terminate in a 6 pin Molex
type connector. Disconnect the connector and route the harness end
toward the CDI.
3) Connect three BLACK wires from the CDI unit to the three ORANGE
wires in the coil end connector. (IGNITION COILS COMMON)
4) Connect the ORANGE wire from the CDI to the BLACK on the coil
(ignition coil right)
5) Connect the BLUE wire from the CDI to WHITE on the coil
(ignition coil left)
6) Connect the CDI DARK GREEN wire to the YELLOW/BLACK
(ignition coil center)
7) Connect the CDI BROWN wire to the ORANGE in the harness end of
connector as in step 2
8) Mount the Points Interface Unit where it can easily be seen when
adjusting the timing.
9) Connect the CDI YELLOW, PURPLE and LIGHT GREEN to the PIU YELLOW,
PURPLE and LIGHT GREEN.
10) Identify the three wires coming up from the point assemblies in the
magneto, these are the BLACK, BLACK/YELLOW and WHITE as in step 2
11) Connect the PIU ORANGE wire to the BLACK in harness as in step 2
12] Connect the PIU BLUE wire to the WHITE wire in harness
13) Connect the PIU BROWN wire to the YELLOW/BLACK wire in harness
14) connect the PIU BLACK wire to a firm ground
15) Connect one CDI BLACK wire from the CDI to a firm ground
16) connect the PIU RED wire to the ORANGE connector as in step 2
17) Cut short unused wires from the CDI and seal the ends with a dab of
nail varnish. These are BLACK x 1 GREY x 1
The bike will now run.
CLICK HERE FOR
PICTORIAL WIRING DIAGRAM
The GREY can be connected to a separate kill switch, the engine will
stop when this wire is grounded.